Reply by Instant Checkmate

Resolved
Hello,

We're so glad to hear that our member care team was able to get your issue fully resolved. Please feel free to contact us again if you need anything else. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Sincerely,
Customer Support
Instant Checkmate
Author's

Update by user Jul 11, 2016

After writing this review, their customer service contacted me. I followed up with them with a longer more specific account of what happened and informed them I was planning on sending this letter and review to the BBB.

The customer support services staff responded saying they will reimburse the full amount I had been charged by them. I am satisfied with the final outcome.

I do however find it dishonest to consumers to only provide reimbursements to people who have to resort to complaining here or to the BBB. The matter should be taken care of at the first contact with the company themselves.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2016

I opened an account and tried it out, there was nothing pulled up from the site that was better than using a basic search site like Google. I pulled reports on myself and other immediate family members, the information was incorrect, or did not exist, but info pulls up from google search.

The website had a costumer satisfaction guarantee blurb on the website in april/may 2015. I contacted the company to close my account and told them I was very unsatisfied with the service, the information it provided as well as the ease of use for the site itself. I thought that my account had been refunded and canceled. Now, June 2016 I see that I have been billed monthly since it opened in 2015.

I called them immediately and they have no record of my phone call, complaint or cancelation. I was on the phone for 28min, they could not find any record of my earlier contact, would not refund my entire account, they said they could not see if I've used account or not so cannot refund based on non use after I canceled account. I then said I want a refund based on not satisfied with company/site etc. they said the information is not guaranteed.

I reaffirmed that the website/ company has a satisfaction guarantee, this is beyond what information is provided. After several back and forth with a supervisor I was told they can refund me 6 months of charges, but no more at all. While I spoke to the two representatives there was laughing and other staff talking, this was at the same volume as the person I was speaking with, not the far distant noises you might hear from a call center. I am still unpleased with the end result, I did not feel comfortable with laughter in the background, I want to assume it was not regarding my phone call, but it was very unsettling.

I don't know why their system has an error of not processing my cancelation over a year ago.

At the end of the call the supervisor just hung up the phone, there was no confirmation number, no additional info, nothing. I don't trust that I'm getting any refund, and am shocked by the level of unprofessionalism.

Product or Service Mentioned: Instant Checkmate Background Check.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: No record of my previous call and cancelation, Information site provides is often incorrect, Costumer service unprofessional.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 02, 2016.